Drink in season this autumn! Luckily for fall cocktails, pomegranate, apple, and pear are finally in season. This means a delicious and fresh alcohol bar for your event! If you need a little mixer inspiration, browse below!
Spiced Pear Bourbon
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon
- 1 1/2 ounces pear purée
- 1/4 ounce ginger liqueur
- 1/4 ounce agave nectar
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice dram
- Soda water to taste
- 2-3 dashes Hella Bitters Aromatic Bitters
- Freshly cut thyme or sage sprigs for garnish
This creation was dreamed up by Holly and Flora for the Urban Outfitters Blog. It is complex and at the same time light and refreshing. Potentially not well crafted for an open bar since guests will order it non-stop, but a great addition to a bar menu if the bar tender is quick on their feet!
- 1(750 ml) bottle of Casillero del Diablo Merlot
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- ¼ cup Cointreau, or any orange liqueur
- 2 to 4 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 cups sparkling water
- 2 cups ice, if desired
Cranberry Sangria (recipe by Kim Beaulieu) is some powerful stuff. And delicious too! This is the perfect drink to feature if you have an open bar for your event. The ingredients are cheaper than most cocktails and you can easily make it in mass quantities.
Ingredients: (makes two servings)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 sprigs rosemary, divided
- 4 oz. unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 4 oz. bourbon
Pomegranates are generally considered sweet, but there is nothing weak about this cocktail designed by Tracey Benjamin.
Whiskey Apple Sour
- 1oz whiskey
- 1/2oz lemon juice
- 4oz apple cider
- cinnamon stick to garnish
This is by far the easiest drink to add to your bar menu! You can even experiment with adding maple syrup to give it an even stronger fall vibe.